The Future of Data-Driven Manufacturing in the Nordics, IDC and DXC Technology presentation
Business model transformation and competition from digital native companies are the global trends that most Nordic manufacturing companies will face the coming year.
Just like back-end automation and supply-chain management have been paramount for manufacturing companies to increase productivity and remain competitive, technology will ensure relevance in the years to come. The technology areas that are most frequently mentioned by IT and business executives in Nordic manufacturing companies are:
- Data analytics (45%)
- Process automation (42%)
- IT operations management (39%)
- AI and machine learning (36%)
- IoT and IT/OT Convergence (36%)
The Nordic industry is set for increased growth, as 75% of manufacturing companies are either already recovering from the pandemic impact or expecting to do so in the second half of the year. Two thirds of the Nordic manufacturing companies are increasing their IT spending. However, IT spending is not just picking up. We see a significant shift in how the budgets are used. A third of the IT spending is expected to go to projects that were not on the agenda before the pandemic. This includes rectifying problems identified during the pandemic, and new projects supporting post-pandemic growth, especially by making the business more data-driven and by improving decision making.
The presentations will look further into:
- The future of manufacturing in the Nordics. What is the rate and pace of digital transformation in the industry?
- The benefits and challenges of digitalising the manufacturing process – by embracing IT/OT convergence, development of solutions like digital twins, and AI/ML based automation.
- The opportunities in digitally transforming the product adding digital services to the core product or shifting product sales with an "as-a-service" business model.
The complete agenda, speakers and other event information can be found on the event's website.View Event Details
Videos & Presentations
The Future of Data-Driven Manufacturing in the Nordics
Associate Director, IDC Nordic
Manufacturing Industry Leader - Analytics, Consulting & Engineering, DXC Technology
Head of Digital Manufacturing, SKF Group
Industry Executive Manufacturing, DXC Technology